Pre-Planning advice for small developments & major developments
The Pre-Planning Enquiry System will generate a free online report for your proposed site boundary in Co. Galway, which will collate common planning information relating to land use zonings, flood risk, protected structures and other topics. You will also receive an email with a link to your report for future reference purposes.
We provide planning advice on making a planning application once a month with the Area Planner by an appointment only basis.
If you wish to book a Pre-Planning meeting, please follow the steps outlined below:
- Request the Online Pre-Planning Report (or if the site has a previous planning reference this will also suffice)
- Complete the Pre-Planning Application Form and return it together with the documents listed in the form to email@example.com
New online resource from the OPR to provide easy access to information on the three key stages of the planning application process:
- Pre-Application Consultation
- Planning Application
- Planning Decisions and Appeals
- The Planning Process
The following documents give advice and guidelines on the information required prior to submitting a planning application.
Pre-Planning Meeting for Major Developments
Major Pre-Planning meeting requests are required for developments which fall into the following categories:
- Applications over 1000 sqm of floor area of Retail and larger Employment uses
- Application of 30 plus units of Residential development
- Strategic Infrastructure Developments (SID)
- Development applications which will be accompanied by an EIAR
- School Development, of more than 5 classrooms
- Data, Energy or Transmission projects
All Major Pre-Planning meeting requests must be submitted ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org